Women's Leadership Scholarships
The Women's Leadership Scholarship Program provides leadership opportunities for women AOFAS members and promotes professional growth and female leadership within AOFAS.
For 2024, two scholarship recipients will be selected to attend the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) APEX Leadership Conference.
The conference consists of two, one-and-a-half-day intensive programs, designed specifically for orthopaedic surgeons, that address essential leadership.
The scholarship covers program fees, lodging, and a travel stipend. Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend both parts of the conference: April 12-13, 2024, in Los Angeles, California, and September 13-14, 2024, in Detroit, Michigan.*
Applications are due November 17, 2023.Apply Now
*Please Note: The September dates overlap with AOFAS Annual Meeting 2024.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
AOFAS Active or Candidate Member with a current practice located in the United States or Canada
Ability to travel to both parts of the AOA APEX Conference: April 12-13, 2024, in Los Angeles, California, and September 13-14, 2024, in Detroit, Michigan
1. Complete the application and submit it, along with supporting documents, by November 17, 2023. Incomplete applications or applications
received after this date will not be considered.
2. Upload a personal statement (no more than one page in length) highlighting the following:
- why you are interested in participating in a leadership program,
- what you intend to do with what you learn from the program,
- how attending the program will help you become more involved as a leader in AOFAS,
- your personal impression of your strengths and what you want to improve,
- any leadership roles currently or formerly held.
3. Upload a digital file of your CV.
4. Upload ONE letter of recommendation that describes your leadership potential in detail. Examples of suitable letter writers include a senior colleague, department chair, dean, chief medical officer of hospital, managing partner.