American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
50th Anniversary Social Media Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to individuals over the age of eighteen who would like to participate. Employees of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising
and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all
applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, the decisions of AOFAS, and waive any and all right to claim ambiguity in the Campaign
or these Rules. You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of AOFAS as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, July 22, 2019, at 9:00 am Central Time and ending Sunday, August 4, 2019, at 11:59 pm Central Time. All online entries must be received by
Sunday, August 4, 2019, at 11:59 pm Central Time (“Campaign End Time”). Only one entry per individual is permitted. AOFAS is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether
mechanical, human or electronic.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by posting a photo from an AOFAS event or of AOFAS members on Twitter or Facebook, tagging the AOFAS Twitter Page, @AOFAS, or the AOFAS Facebook Page, @AOFAS1, with the hashtag #AOFASTurns50
by the end of the Campaign End Time. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified herein, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole
discretion of AOFAS.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $75 credit toward items on the AOFAS Online Store. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by AOFAS. No cash or other prize substitution
shall be permitted except at AOFAS's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution
of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for AOFAS to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and
trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of AOFAS. Winner will be notified by email within one (1) day following selection of Winner. AOFAS shall have no liability for Winner’s
failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within
three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in
this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT AOFAS‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER
OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that AOFAS, anyone acting on behalf of AOFAS, and AOFAS licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted
by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the
Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant
that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole
discretion of AOFAS. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify,
defend, and hold harmless AOFAS from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which AOFAS may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third
9. Terms & Conditions: AOFAS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should any malfunction, tampering, virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, unauthorized intervention
or other cause beyond AOFAS's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, AOFAS may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate)
the action taken by AOFAS. False or deceptive entries or acts will render You ineligible. AOFAS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the
Campaign or website, including the use of automated entry devices or programs or false or deceptive social media accounts, or violates these Rules. AOFAS has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes
for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses or different social media accounts; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots,
macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made,
AOFAS reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless AOFAS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers,
and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance,
possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability
or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing
of entries; (vi) any liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Campaign for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing the prize. All such losses and expenses must be borne by the
affected participant and/or Winner.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot
be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in your state/province having jurisdiction.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s
actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: AOFAS, 9400 W. Higgins Road, Suite 220, Rosemont, IL 60018. Requests
must be received no later than Friday, August 30, 2019.
13. By participating in the social media contest you accept and adhere to the guidelines in this document.