Who are AOFAS Members?
AOFAS members are orthopaedic surgeons (MD) and doctors of osteopathy (DO) who are dedicated to providing the highest-quality foot and ankle care. Members of the Society have completed medical school and orthopaedic residency, and continue to update their education in foot and ankle surgery. US and Canadian members hold membership in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, or the Canadian Orthopaedic Association, and are certified by or eligible for certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. International members have been certified in their own country.
Top 10 Benefits of AOFAS Membership
- Dedicated foot and ankle educational programs and resources.
- Print subscriptions plus online access to the monthly Foot & Ankle International® (FAI) scientific journal and the AOFAS quarterly newsletter, In~Stride.
- Reduced registration fees for AOFAS courses, meetings, and products,and complimentary registration for live webinars.
- Access to Society grants, awards, and special programs.
- Listings in online directories for the public — "Find a Member" at www.aofas.org and "Find a Surgeon" directory at FootCareMD — that link to your own website.
- Access to past meeting recordings, webinars, and clinical content through the online Physician Resource Center (PRC).
- Reduced member pricing to post a job opening at the online Career Center, which offers free access to job seekers.
- Opportunities to guide the future of the Society by serving on AOFAS committees and the Board of Directors.
- Access to the AOFAS health policy and public education program working to promote orthopaedists and interest in foot and ankle care.
- Networking opportunities with national and international colleagues.