Who are AOFAS Members?
AOFAS members are orthopaedic surgeons (MD) and doctors of osteopathy (DO) with a special interest in the foot and ankle. Members of the Society have completed medical school and orthopaedic residency, and continue to update their education in foot and ankle surgery. US and Canadian members hold membership in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons or the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics or the Canadian Orthopaedic Association, and are certified by or eligible for certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons or the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. International members have been certified in their own country. You are invited to join a Society whose members are dedicated to providing the highest quality foot and ankle care.
By joining the AOFAS, you will be able to further your knowledge in foot and ankle care through the Society's excellent continuing education programs; receive both a print subscription as well as have online access to Foot & Ankle International
, the Society’s internationally recognized peer-reviewed scientific journal; and enjoy many other benefits of membership.
Top Ten Member Benefits
- Dedicated foot and ankle programs.
- Print subscriptions plus online access to the monthly Foot & Ankle International (FAI) scientific journal and the AOFAS quarterly newsletter, In~Stride.
- Reduced member registration fees for AOFAS courses, meetings and products including FREE registration for live webinars.
- Access to the Society grants, awards and special programs.
- Online physician referral listing in the public AOFAS directory at www.aofas.org with a link to your own website.
- Special online education for physicians through the new Physician Resource Center (PRC).
- Reduced member pricing to post a job opening at the online Career Center, which offers free access to job seekers.
- Opportunities to serve on AOFAS committees / Board to help guide the Society.
- Access to the AOFAS health policy and public education program working to promote orthopaedists and interest in foot and ankle care.
- Networking opportunities with national as well as international colleagues.