Stay a vital step ahead in your continuing education, peer networking and professional affiliation while enjoying exclusive access to the essential resources, programs and other amenities of AOFAS membership. Join a growing membership now totaling more than 1,985 orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeons.
Membership Information:Lois Bierman
Director of Membership & Marketing
Who are AOFAS Members?
AOFAS members are orthopaedic surgeons (MD) and doctors of osteopathy (DO) with a special interest in the foot and ankle. Members of the Society have completed medical school, up to five years of orthopaedic residency, and continue to update their education in foot and ankle surgery. US members hold membership in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and are certified by or eligible for certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons or the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery. International members have been certified in their own country. You are invited to join a Society whose members are dedicated to providing the highest quality foot and ankle care.
By joining the AOFAS, you will be able to further your knowledge in foot and ankle care through the Society's excellent continuing education programs; receive both a print subscription as well as have online access to Foot & Ankle International
, the Society’s internationally recognized peer-reviewed scientific journal; and enjoy many other benefits of membership.
Top Ten Member Benefits
- Continuing medical education opportunities including Specialty Day, the Annual Meeting, the Advanced Foot and Ankle Course, the Surgical Complications in Foot and Ankle Surgery Course (always a sold-out program), and more.
- Subscriptions to the monthly Foot & Ankle International (FAI) scientific journal (print plus online access) and the AOFAS quarterly newsletter, In~Stride.
- Reduced member registration fees for AOFAS courses, meetings and products.
- Referral listing for the public on the AOFAS website with link to your home page.
- Access to the Society's Research Grants Program and Traveling Fellowship Program, as well as the awards for best clinical and research papers at the Annual Meeting.
- Access to Members-Only information available at www.aofas.org including abstracts and e-Posters from past meetings.
- Reduced member pricing to post a job opening at the online Career Center, which offers free access to job seekers.
- The opportunity to use your voice to guide the Society by serving on an AOFAS committee.
- Access to the AOFAS health policy and public education program working to promote orthopaedists and interest in foot and ankle care.
- Newtorking and opportunities to share experiences with colleagues.