Mailing List Policy
The American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society is the sole owner of the list of names and addresses of its membership. The AOFAS member lists are proprietary and are protected by copyright. The AOFAS does not release e-mail addresses of its members.
The AOFAS rents its mailing list for one-time use for each approved request. The membership list is available for rental to orthopaedic foot and ankle institutions, members, non-profit organizations, publishers and businesses wishing to promote products, services, and information to AOFAS members. The AOFAS requires pre-approval of all items to be mailed and is the sole judge of the suitability of materials for mailing to its members. The AOFAS reserves the right to deny requests in its sole discretion, where the purpose or use may not be considered in the best interests of AOFAS or its members. The AOFAS does not rent its mailing list to organizers of competing foot and ankle courses taking place within 30 days prior to or after AOFAS educational programs and courses. The AOFAS will not be bound by conditions unless agreed to in writing by the AOFAS. Rental of AOFAS mailing lists does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of the product or service being marketed. Unless expressly agreed to by AOFAS in writing, any representation by the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s), whether overt or implied, of AOFAS endorsement or guarantee of a product or service is prohibited. AOFAS explicitly prohibits use of its membership names and addresses for the following purposes:
- Copying and entering names and addresses from the provided list into a client’s computer database for any purpose. This applies to duplication and/or storage in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise.
- Announcements of openings or positions at companies/institutions.
- Membership recruitment mailings or related promotions for external organizations.
- Announcements of educational programs, equipment or other products and services not related in some way to the field of orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery except for specific AOFAS-sponsored membership programs/services provided by commercial firms.
- Announcements of products competing with those offered by AOFAS to its members.
- Use of member names and addresses for on-site visits to members’ homes/offices for any reason.
In addition: The use of the AOFAS membership names and addresses in any of the ways prohibited above shall be cause for, at a minimum, permanent disqualification of the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s) from use of the AOFAS membership mailing list. Violation of this policy as set forth above may also be grounds for legal action.
Mailing List Rental Fees
||Vendors, businesses and publishers|
||Non-profit organizations (verification of non-profit status may be requested)|
Payment is due with the order form. Payment may be made by credit card or by personal or business check.
Orders are delivered electronically for printing in Avery 5162 or Avery 5260 Address Label format within five business days of order and payment receipt.
Required to Order