The mission of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society is to:
- promote quality, ethical and cost effective patient care through education, research and training of orthopaedic surgeons and other health care providers.
- create public awareness for the prevention and treatment of foot and ankle disorders.
- provide leadership, and serve as a resource for government, industry and the national and international health care community.
The AOFAS through its growing national and international membership is the pre-eminent resource for standards in patient management, public safety, health care policy, education and research in foot and ankle care
- Commitment to patients
- Openness to new ideas; free exchange of information, knowledge, techniques among colleagues
- Transparency of process and shared decision-making
- Commitment to making knowledge-based decisions
- Ethical, professional and academic behavior
- Intellectual honesty